Call for papers: Art and Freedom of Expression Seismopolite Journal of Art and Politics132
Contributors from diverse disciplinary backgrounds are invited to submit articles, reviews or interviews that address this theme through a high variety of possible angles and art forms.
Topics may include (but are not restricted to):
– Artistic strategies in response to censorship and violations of human rights in contexts worldwide.
– Art as a tool of dialogue and conflict resolution.
– The conditions of artists to reflect and influence their local political situation through art.
Art’s potential to promote cultural diversity, intercultural cooperation and understanding.
– The political conditions of artistic expression under neoliberalism and neoliberal urbanization.
– Artistic strategies of decolonization.
– Artistic strategies to challenge geopolitical, economic, cultural or historical master narratives.
– The emergence of new art scenes and regions in contemporary art; its consequences for art and politics and for the possibility of art scenes to rewrite the contemporary art map/ the concept of contemporary art.
We accept submissions continuously, but to make sure you are considered for the upcoming issue, please send your proposal/ draft, CV and samples of earlier work to firstname.lastname@example.org within November 16, 2014.
Completed work will be due November 26, 2014. All articles will be translated into Norwegian and published in a bilingual version.