THE FIMG 2016 ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS OF THE III INTERNATIONAL MAPPING COMPETITION OF GIRONA486
annamaria monteverdi/ 26 Luglio, 2016/ videomapping
The International Festival of Mapping from Girona, which was held from July 22 to 24, ends the third edition with the publication of the winners of the International Mapping Competition.
The finalist projects in professional, amateur, educational and instant categories have been projected on the facades of Casa Pastors, Pont d’en Gomez and Les Aligues on 22nd, 23rd and 24th July. The finalists ofmicromapping category have been shown in different parts of the city of Girona from 15 to 24 July.
The third edition of FIMG 2016 has attracted more than 20,000 visitors of all ages, with large numbers of family audience. The new Route of Light, with light installations throughout the city, has been very well received, as well as the complementary activities of the festival.
The Second International Congress on Mapping of Girona, which was held at CaixaForum Girona, has established itself as a global benchmark of the technique of mapping, with more than 150 registered professionals and artists worldwide.
Xavi Bove, director of FIMG 2016 festival highlights the integration into the social fabric of the city as well as the international projection of Girona.
The public, with more than 700 votes via the festival’s App, have awarded three prizes:
- Facade Audience Award – professional, amateur or educative – (400 euros): Planeador, CEIP Escola Castellum (Sant Julià de Ramis) (CAT)
- Micromapping Audience Award (400 euros): Radix (Organism / Apparatus) Xenorama (ALE)
- Instant Audience Award (dinner for two at Bubbles Gastrobar in Girona + Resolume license ): Universalitat, Montserrat Gispert Negrell (CAT)
The jury, formed by Joanie Lemercier, icon of the revolution of videoprojection and mapping; Amar Mulabegovic, Signal festival co-founder and artistic director of the collective The Macula; Mariona Omedes, director of nueveojos studio; Thomas Vaquié, composer for audiovisual installations and Antoon Verbeek, from the animation studio Skullmapping, awarded the following prizes:
- Professional Category First Prize (11,000 euros, Madmapper license, Modul8 license and Minimad):Minding Scapes, Desilence (ESP / DIN)
- Professional Category Second Prize (4,000 euros + Millumin license): Rere el vidre, Alcafilms (CAT)
- Category Amateur First Prize (1,500 euros + Resolume license): Wirikuta, Eilux Digital Art (MEX)
- Category Amateur Second Prize (500 euros + Madmapper and Modul8 licenses): The Time Machine, Álvaro Muñoz Ledo, Alessio Chinni (MEX / ITA)
- Educational Category First Prize (800 euros in school materials + Madmapper and Modul8 licences): La Mar de Ganxona, Escola l’Estació (Sant Feliu de Guíxols)
- Educational Category Second Prize (400 euros in school materials + Madmapper and Modul8 licences):Planeador, CEIP Escola Castellum (Sant Julià de Ramis)