Contemporary Performance Network0
Contemporary Performance Network is a resource and community organizing tool for artists, scholars and audiences. The term Contemporary Performance is used to describe hybrid performance works and artists that travel between the fields of Experimental Theatre, Dance, Video Art, Visual Art, Music Composition and Performance Art without adhering to one specific field’s practice.
Caden Manson is Editor and Curator of Contemporary Performance Network and co-founder and artistic director of Big Art Group, a New York City performance company founded in 1999. The company uses the language of media and blended states of performance in a unique form to build culturally transgressive and challenging new works. Since its inception, it has toured nationally and internationally and produced critically acclaimed works including the ‘Real Time Film’ trilogy Shelf Life, Flicker, and House of No More, SOS; and its reality-based theatre series The People. He has co-created, directed, video and set designed 11 Big Art Group productions. Manson has shown video installations in Austria, France, USA and Germany; performed PAIN KILLER in Berlin, Singapore and Vietnam; Taught in Berlin, Rome, Paris, Montreal, and Bern; his ensemble has been co-produced by the Vienna Festival, Festival d’Automne a Paris, Hebbel Am Ufer, Rome’s La Vie de Festival, Theatre Garonne, and Wexner Center for The Arts. He is a recipient of the 2001 Foundation For Contemporary Art Fellowship, is a 2002 Pew Fellow and received a 2009 Fellowship from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. He lives in New York City.
In this site you will find:
- A curated list of books on contemporary performance
- Blog posts on performances, creations, artists, touring, and artist opportunities
- Your profile on the network. post your own video, blogs, status updates, etc..
- Join a growing global network of artists, curators, venues, and scholars
- View photos of members’ work and upload your own
- Vew view documentation of member’s work and upload your own
- Join a topic specific group or start your own
- Read member blogs or post your own
- Upcoming member events
- Post to a topic specific discussion or add your own
- Links –
- Links to artists and companies creating contemporary performance
- Links to festivals of contemporary performance
- Links to venues that present contemporary performance
- Links to artist’s and critical thinker’s blogs
- Invite your collaborators
- Let us know what you think