PRIX ARS ELECTRONICA AND STARTS PRIZE 2017682
Online Submission Deadline (Extended): March 13, 2017 (23:59 CET).
PRIX ARS ELECTRONICA AND STARTS PRIZE
A project may be entered to both the STARTS prize and a Prix Ars Electronica category (Computer Animation/Film/VFX, Digital Musics & Sound Art and Hybrid Art). It is therefore possible to win both the STARTS Prize and a Prix Ars Electronica award at the same time. To do so, submit your project to the specified Prix Ars Electronica category and in the appropriate entry field at the end of the submission confirm that the project is also to be considered for the STARTS prize.
Submitters, who registered already for the Prix Ars Electronica, can use this account also for the STARTS Prize.
- A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than one work.
- Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted materials cannot be returned.
- In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules apply to each individual category.
- If your entry is awarded a prize or receives a Honorary Mention, your material will be used for the catalog, DVD (CD) and the Prix Ars Electronica website (see Rights), so we ask you to prepare your picture and text material carefully.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors and patrons of the Prix Ars Electronica, staff members of organizations that have established and endowed an individual category, as well as the competition’s jurors are ineligible to participate.
- If you send in additional material pertaining to your submission via post, please mail it by the submission deadline (date of postmark is determinative) to:Ars Electroncia Linz GmbH
4040 Linz, Austria
Code: Prix “Category (e.g. Hybrid Art)”
Works can be nominated online for prize consideration in the individual competition categories until March 3, 2017.
Public Nominations are recommendations; thus, nominated projects are not automatically entered in the competition. The nominated artists will be contacted by the organizer before the jury convenes. Then, projects must be formally submitted by the artists themselves prior to the entry deadline and in accordance with all competition criteria in order to be entered in the competition.
April 6-9, 2017
Winners of Golden Nicas, Awards of Distinction and Honorary Mentions will be notified before end of April, 2017. (Ars Electronica only notificate in case the project is selected the prize.)
The Prix Ars Electronica 2017 awards presentation will take place during the Ars Electronica Festival 2017 in Linz(September 7-11, 2017).
Winners of Golden Nicas and Awards of Distinction must make a commitment to accepting their awards in person and to presenting their works at the Prix Ars Electronica Forum, an artist symposium. Groups and institutions are requested to nominate a representative to fulfill this commitment. As guests of Ars Electronica, winners will receive complementary hotel and economy class airline tickets for their trip to Linz.
Ars Electronica Linz GmbH
4040 Linz, Austria